Burns baby Burn -- our Laborless Day

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We got to break in the Burns' brand spankin' new Weber grill. Roy and I were like kids at Christmas lighting the grill, adding the wood chips and grilling the massive feast the Liane prepared for us that included vegetable skewers, burgers, stuffed jalapenos and sausages. For the first time in my life I actually got the corn perfect (by putting it down in the coals for a long time).

Labor Day evening was probably the best night of the trip because it of my favorite times with Roy and Lou when we all lived in Birmingham -- grilling out, drinking beer, listening to music and engaging in conversations that seem to have no beginning nor end. I feel lucky to have these two and so glad that they have either other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

five months -- no drinks

Here we go again

Comfort zones